Week 12 Laboratory: Writer's Write Website

calligraphy creativity freelance freelancer girly hands hobby lettering matcha paper pencil text wooden table work working workspace writer writing
Writing setup with white flowers. Web Source: Phxere 



Website: Writer's Write

 I had never heard of this website or seen it before, so it was fun getting to explore all the different avenues of the website. I am always looking for ways to improve my writing and I feel like the writer's write website is a great resource to utilize. There were several interesting articles to read that brought out great pointers and advice for writing, but I will only touch base on a couple of them. The first article that I want to discuss is Why Method Writing Makes You A Better Author. The article was a refreshing perspective to peer through. It brought out how it is logical to create a character the way an actor prepares for a role. Since method acting involves an individual reflecting on their own personal experiences to assume their new difficult role. This makes the character being played seem more authentic and relatable. Similarly, method writing encourages the writer to channel their own feelings and experiences to fit and help establish how they desire their characters to be reflected within their stories. This definitely helps readers feel more connected and invested in what they are reading. The objective is to use our senses as a gateway to developing our writing.

The next article I really enjoyed is called 8 Awesome Reasons To Join An Online Class. I felt like although this article is not relative to writing, it is a great read since this course is fully online. It also has the ability to be applied to writing in classes. Some of the great points the article emphasizes relate to the fact that online courses are so adaptable, easily accessible, community-focused, and also extremely simple because you can usually move at your own pace. I agree with all of the aforementioned features an online course offers and am extremely thankful for the amount of flexibility and adaptability these courses provide students with. It can be extremely difficult to feel accomplished when you are trying to manage and constantly maintain your life along with school, so being in an online class is rewarding because not only are you molding the class to fit your needs and your schedule, but you are also constantly being challenged and learning new things. Which can feel impossible in a regular physical class. 


The last article I selected to write about is called 6 Ways For Writers To Stay Motivated. This article really stuck with me because sometimes I have a ton of trouble staying motivated while trying to read and write stories. There is a lot of substance and depth to some of the Indian Epics we have read, so trying to piece everything together and comprehend it can be a challenge. But some of the suggestions offered by the article consisted of making writing a priority, regularly write, set goals, plan a writing time and the space you like to write in, and increase productivity by thinking of writing in all aspects of your life. The advice that probably stood out the most to me was finding a comfortable writing space. Most of the time I do homework on my bed in my room, but sometimes it can get old and make me want to sleep when I get frustrated or stuck. But I have noticed going to coffee shops has been the perfect atmosphere for me to write without distractions and really focus on the material. It also helps if you're interested in what you are writing about. So it is always fun to make meaningful connections with the materia to encourage you. Overall, I have gained copious insight into different ways to improve my writing skills and I look forward to continuing to learn and grow as a writer.  



















Comments

  1. Hi Lillian!
    I really like this tech tip and thank you for sharing this website! I definitely think the 6 ways for writers to stay motivated is so relevant, especially in a class where almost every assignment includes a post. I also find myself getting sidetracked easily sometimes, and it's hard to find the motivation to get back to it. I find the 'using dead time to ponder' is helpful as it also makes you excited to start writing if you've been thinking about this story for most of the day and just can't wait to get it on paper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts